10 January 2010

Love, Exciting and New...


When it comes to design, that is. At least on HGTV and I, for one, am relieved. Because HGTV really pisses me off. The things that happen on the shows on HGTV are not realistic and they give people the impression that designers can do it all for under $500 and in 24 hours. I mean, Inhabit Design is GOOD, but we are not miracle workers for Pete's sake. But I digress. This is not about me, this is about Antonio.

sample

Antonio Ballatore is the designer that won last season on HGTV's Design Star. I was impressed that someone with originality and a fresh point of view actually won on a show like this. That never happens. Here are some pictures of his spaces on the show:



images courtesy of hgtv.com

Here is an image from the makeover he did on his own home:


There aren't many photos of his work to show, but he has a new show called the Antonio Project. The videos on the link show some of his work and the best part - his personality. It's such a refreshing change from the normal drudgery on that channel. As always, check it out!


No comments:

Apture