23 January 2011

600 Years of Fabulousness

   



On a recent trip overseas, my husband and I got our own personal tour of a glass factory in Murano and I wanted to share what we got to see.  

 
It all started when Pierpaolo, one of the owners of Seguso, came to our office with rep extraordinnaire Mary Rose


(that's PierPaolo, on the left)

He came to educate us about his company and everything that they can do.  Seguso is the real deal. 
These are some of our pictures, the pretty pictures are at the end.





 


And it's not just lighting.  It's beautiful sculptural pieces, vases and furniture







Anyway, Pierpaolo offhandedly mentioned to us that if we were ever in Venice, we should stop by and say hello and get a one on one look at the process and where the magic happens.  

"What????" I screeched -  "I will be there in 2 months."
And that's how it happened.  



We got a personalized tour and a demonstration on how each piece is made. 


Look at the amount of individual pieces that will have to be assembled by hand. 


This is a diagram that is hand drawn to help the installers assemble the piece.

 

This is one of my favorite light fixtures of theirs: 



It was a wonderful, personalized tour and Anthony and I are so grateful that we got to experience it.  So I was SO excited when I picked up Traditional Home magazine yesterday and saw a huge spread on Seguso! 




You need to pick this issue up, the article is beautifully written and describes in much more detail the 600 year history of this company; it also has many gorgeous photos of their pieces.  

Here are some pretty pics from their website:


 







Yes, glass legs.  I DIE





We *heart* Seguso.  Thank you again to Mary Rose, PierPaolo and everyone else in Venice that made the magic happen for us. 


Inhabit Design is a Las Vegas Interior Design firm specializing in high end residential and commercial interiors. Contact us for your own spine tingling interior.

No comments:

Apture